“It’s awesome when you get what you want to do most in life.”
For Meredith Shaw that’s making music. The singer-songwriter has been performing most of her life and got her big break when Gordie Johnson of reggae-rock band Big Sugar took her under his wing. Johnson produced her CD Place Called Happy and invited her to tour with his band.
“Between touring with Big Sugar, doing my solo shows, hosting my radio show (with Toronto’s Boom 97.3) and muffymade (her greeting card company) it’s been incredible. I’m so grateful.”
Meredith’s single, Girls Who Believe is a hit and now she’s reaching out to inspire other young girls to go after their dreams. She’s launched a Canada-wide contest for girls to appear in her next video.
“Whatever they want to go after in life I want to show them they can. For me it’s music, for them it could be being a dentist, owning a business or being a mom. Sometimes we need a little help and inspiration.”
Calling all girls who believe. Send Meredith your video! “I want to celebrate and do it together.”
Are you a girl who believes?
• Upload a video (three minutes max) to YouTube telling Meredith why you are a girl who believes.
• Send the link to email@example.com
• All Videos are due by August 13, 2012 at 12 a.m.
• The winner will receive a cameo in the Girls Who Believe music video; a piece of Believe bling by Rock and Reverie and a $250 donation in your name to charity, Girls Inc.
• Contest open to girls between 11-17 years of age.