The Hells Angels Canada run could bring upwards of 200 members of club to Saskatoon, but Sgt. Paul Dawson, media relations for the Saskatchewan RCMP say they’re not too concerned about the upcoming run.
“This isn’t a new thing—it happens every year in different locations and were certainly not anticipating any problems,” said Dawson. “Like any large group that comes to the province, we expect them to abide by the laws of the land and particularly if they’re travelling on the highways, we expect them to abide by the traffic laws as well.”
However, the Saskatoon Police Service will be ramping up their presence for the event, calling in agencies from across the country to assist.
“We have ample numbers of police officers, both in plain clothes and in uniform from a variety of police agencies from across Canada coming into town to make sure our officers are safe and the citizens are safe,” said Kelsie Fraser, social media and media relations specialist with the SPS.
Get factual about the Hells Angels
- Gatherings show strength, give Angels a chance to communicate face-to-face.
- Hells Angels have chapters in over 30 countries.
- Canada alone is home to 29 chapters.
- There are an estimated 4,000 Hells Angels worldwide.
- Saskatchewan has two chapters one in Regina and one in Saskatoon.
- SPS said they feel a heavy police presence and monitoring of event will prevent any problems.
- Police collaborating with other agencies in preparation for run.