The Busker Festival is making a move – up to Spring Garden Road.
The Halifax International Busker Festival is adding a stage in Victoria Park when it gets going again in August for its 24th year. The other stages at Historic Properties, Maritime Museum, Summit Plaza, and Sackville Landing will be just as busy Aug. 5 to 15.
“It’s actually a return to Spring Garden Road,” said Bernie Smith, manager of the Spring Garden Road Area Business Association, in a release.
Show organizers wanted to make the festival more inclusive to the city.
“Every year we are asked when the festival will be city-wide again and we’ve been working towards this goal for several years now,” said Kim Hendrickson, president of ESP Production.
A fire gala on the Victoria Park stage will follow the Aug. 5 opening ceremony at 5 p.m. on the waterfront.
This year’s lineup includes
- FlameOz, fire acrobatics from Australia
- Bendy EM, a contortionist from Australia
- Monsters of Schlock, a circus sideshow from Canada
- Arizona Jones, a comic stunt man from Australia
- Strings of Fire, virtuosic violin playing from Australia
- Rob Ray Collins, acrobatic stunts from the U.K.
- Throw2Catch, Russian bar and juggling from Canada
- Miss Molotov, a fire-eater and dancer from Nova Scotia
- The Cowguys, circus magic from Canada
- Scot Free, a stunt man from Canada