Guests – whether expected or unexpected – can be a lot of fun. To help you focus on the fun instead of the stress of entertaining, this Yellow Tomato and Fresh Herb Farfalle pasta is perfect.
Vegetarian guests will love it and if you want, you can top it with some grilled chicken for those guests who insist on having meat in their meal.
• 4 cups (1 L) PC black label Farfalle Pasta
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
• ¼ cup (50 mL) chopped shallots
• 2 tsp (10 mL) minced garlic
• ¼ tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
• 1 can (400 mL) PC black label Whole Yellow Tomatoes, chopped
• ¼ cup (50 mL) sliced fresh basil
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) each chopped fresh Italian parsley and tarragon
• 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
• ¼ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
• 1/3 cup (75 mL) crumbled PC Soft Unripened Goat’s Milk Cheese
1. In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the pasta 7 to 9 minutes or until it is tender but firm. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat; cook the shallots, garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the Whole Yellow Tomatoes and juices, basil, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the drained pasta to sauce; stir to combine. Transfer to serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.