- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2/3 cup bottled clam juice or reduced-sodium, low-fat chicken broth
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp cornstarch blended with 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1. Shell and devein shrimp.
- 2. Spray large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Add oil and heat over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until tender, 2 minutes.
- 3. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until almost cooked through, 3 minutes. Add clam juice, lemon juice, salt and red pepper flakes and bring to boil. Cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, about 1 minute.
- 4. With slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to serving plates. Bring liquid in skillet to boil, stir in cornstarch mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce is lightly thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in parsley and spoon sauce over shrimp.