Speedy Two-bean Chili
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 1 fresh red chili, seeded and chopped
- 398 ml can no-salt-added chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili sauce
- 2 tbsp low-sodium tomato ketchup
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
- 398 ml can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 398 ml can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
- Fresh oregano leaves (garnish)
- 1. Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and chili, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onion is lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes with their juice, chili sauce, ketchup, broth, parsley and oregano, with seasoning to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Add kidney and cannellini beans and corn. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4. Meanwhile, mix sour cream with snipped chives. Taste chili for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Serve chili sprinkled with oregano leaves and offer sour-cream mixture separately.