Not only are these Greek Pita Flatbreads easy to prepare, but they are also healthy and satisfying.
In this recipe, watermelon replaces traditional toppings, providing a unique, refreshing taste.
Remember, the fruit is 90 per cent water, making this dish very juicy.
These pitas are most ideal for a quick afternoon snack or to serve tapas-style at a summer gathering in your backyard.
1. Spread 15 ml (1 tbsp) tzatziki on each of the four whole-wheat pitas.
2. Dividing all of the ingredients, top each pita evenly with cooked and sliced chicken breast, chopped watermelon, chopped cucumber, sliced red onion, crumbled feta cheese, pitted olives and cracked black pepper.
3. Garnish the top of each pita with fresh oregano and a wedge of lemon. Serve them immediately.
• 4 whole-wheat pitas (15-cm/6-inches in diameter)
• 60 ml (4 tbsp) prepared tzatziki sauce
• 2 chicken breasts (each 175 g/6 oz), cooked and sliced
• 375 ml (1 1/2 cups) chopped watermelon
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped English cucumber
• 50 ml (1/4 cup) sliced red onion
• 60 ml (4 tbsp) crumbled feta cheese
• 12 kalamata olives, pitted
• 1 ml (1/4 tsp) black pepper, cracked
• Fresh oregano leaves
• Lemon wedges