This spread is similar to a hummus dip, but it adds black olives. Tahini is sesame seed paste found in the ethnic section of your
1. Combine the chickpeas, tahini, water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and chili sauce in the bowl of a food processor. Purée until smooth.
2. Stir in the olives and garnish with basil or parsley.
Start to finish: 5 minutes
• 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained and rinsed
• 1/4 cup tahini
• 3 tbsp water
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tbsp lemon juice
• 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
• 1/2 tsp hot chili sauce
• 1/3 cup finely diced black olives
• 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil or parsley