1. In mixing bowl, whisk lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Stir in mushrooms until coated. Marinate at room temperature for 60 mins., stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, soak bamboo skewers in water for same time. Separate red onion wedges into individual layers.
2. Remove mushrooms,
reserving marinade in a small saucepan. Thread mushrooms, alternating with onion wedges and sugar peas onto wooden skewers. Grill on the barbecue for 3 minutes on each side.
3. Meanwhile cook noodles as directed on package and heat marinade until boiling for 1-2 minutes or until thickened slightly to use as sauce. Serve skewers on cooked noodles. Drizzle sauce over noodles and sprinkle with sesame seeds if using. Serve peanut sauce on side for dipping.
• 1/3 cup (75 ml) lemon juice
• 3 tbsp (45 ml) each liquid honey and soy sauce
•1 ½ tbsp (22 ml) grated freshginger
• 1 large clove garlic, minced
• 32 (1 lb/500 g) mushrooms
• 8 bamboo skewers
• 1 red onion, cut into wedges
• 24 (4 oz/125 g) snow peas
• sesame seeds and/or peanut sauce (optional)
• rice noodles