Turkey breast fillets are grilled alongside corn and onions and then tossed with crunchy green beans make a delectable summer meal.
1. In a re-sealable bag, combine turkey with half of the oil, cilantro, salt, pepper and garlic. Let marinate for at least 1 hour or up to one day.
2. Grill turkey over medium high heat until cooked through, about 10 minutes per side. Set aside to rest for five minutes before slicing across the grain.
3. Brush corn and onion rings with remaining oil and salt and pepper, grill until onion is tender and grill marks form on both the onions and corn, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to cutting board and slice kernels from cobs. Chop onion. Add onion and corn to a bowl with green beans and cherry tomatoes. Toss with remaining cilantro. Sprinkle with lime juice and a pinch of coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4. To serve: Divide salad over 4 plates and top each with equal amounts of sliced turkey.
• 500 g (1 lb) boneless, skin-less turkey breast, cut into 2 fillets
• 30 ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, divided
• 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped fresh cilantro, divided
• 5 ml (1 tsp) each, coarse salt and fresh cracked pepper, divided
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 2 cobs corn, husked
• 1 red onion, peeled and sliced into 1-cm (1/2-inch) thick rounds
• 500 ml (2 cups) trimmed green beans
• 250 ml (1 cup) cherry toma-toes, halved
• 15 ml (1 tbsp) lime juice
The Canadian Press/ Ontario Turkey, makesitsuper.ca