A Cobb Salad traditionally has loads of chicken, blue cheese, bacon and heavy dressing. I’ve lightened up this classic and tossed it into a wrap.
1. Lightly coat a nonstick grill pan with vegetable spray and set over medium heat. Grill chicken 4 mins. each side or until no longer pink. Cool slightly, then slice thinly.
2. Combine tomatoes, red pepper, avocado, black beans, green onions and parsley in bowl. Add lemon juice, sour cream, olive oil, garlic, chili sauce, salt and pepper and mix.
3. Spread one-half of each of the tortillas with some of the mixture. Top with slices of chicken and the shredded cheese. Fold in 2 sides and roll up. Place the wraps in a clean grill pan and cook for 5 minutes, turning halfway, just enough to warm through. (Or heat in a 400 F oven for 5 minutes until warm.) Cut in half and serve.
• 8 oz skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 2)
• 1/2 cup diced plum tomatoes
• 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
• 1/2 cup diced ripe avocado
• 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
• 1/4 cup chopped parsley
• 4 tsp lemon juice
• 1 tbsp low-fat sour cream
• 1 tbsp olive oil
•1 tsp finely chopped garlic
• 1/2 tsp hot chili sauce
• pinch of salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup shredded aged light cheddar cheese
• 4 large whole wheat flour tortillas
This recipe is from Rose Reisman’s Family Favorites (Whitecap Books) by Rose Reisman”