• 1 frozen deep-dish pie shell
• 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
• 10 ml (2 tsp) granulated sugar
• 10 ml (2 tsp) butter, melted
1. Let frozen pie shell thaw at room temperature 15 mins.
2. In bowl, combine cinnamon and sugar; set aside.
3. Remove pie shell from foil pie plate onto clean, flat, floured surface. If cracks appear in pastry, press together and repair using fingers moistened with water. Cut out strips, about 1 by 7.5 cm (1/2 by 3 inches), using fluted pastry cutter, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Brush pastry with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Bake in 200 C (400 F) oven for 12 mins or until pastry is golden.
For more visit, emilyrichardscooks.ca