Did you know that a household staple such as corn syrup makes for a perfect glaze, like in this recipe?
There has been some concern recently about high fructose levels in corn syrup, so it’s worth noting that Crown Golden, the corn syrup of choice in this recipe, does not contain high-fructose-corn-syrup.
1. Heat a dry non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Add the cumin and toss for 1 to 2 minutes until the cumin is toasted. Use care not to burn the cumin. Remove it from heat and allow to it cool for about 10 minutes.
2. Combine cumin, garlic salt, black pepper, and dark corn syrup in a small bowl. Mix well.
3. Brush glaze over both sides of the salmon. Grill or broil, turning once and brushing liberally with glaze. Cook 8 to 10 minutes until salmon flakes easily.
• 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 cup Crown Golden no-high fructose corn syrup
• 4 salmon fillets (6 to 8 oz. each/ approx 200 g each)
Emily Richards is a professional home economist, cookbook author and tv celebrity chef. For more, visit emilyrichardscooks.ca